Launched in September 2021, several major projects will be carried out in Valberg by 2030.
Since its creation in 1936, the mountain resort of Valberg has never ceased to develop and modernize over the years, without ever denying its traditions and values. A privileged holiday location in the Alpes-Maritimes, surrounded by protected natural wonders, the resort welcomes a permanent population, secondary residents and a growing number of tourists and visitors. There, everyone should be able to enjoy harmonious and prosperous living conditions as well as relaxing stays.
For more than ten years now, aware of the increasingly pressing economic and environmental issues, our teams have been pursuing an innovative sustainable development policy with strong commitments. Global warming, changing travel habits towards shorter stays, as well as the periodic need to "return to our roots" at any time of the year, support our vision of developing a 4-season resort focused on ecotourism solutions and providing a high quality hospitality service to all our visitors and residents.
Several phases are to be distinguished
- First, the redevelopment of the central square, in 3 phases, the first of which will be delivered by December 2021. Aiming at preserving a federative place, a warm and friendly heart where events will be held at any season, the future square will cover a total surface of 9,400 sqm.
- Then, the creation of the "Maison Départementale de l’Environnement et de l’Observation" , equipped with a planetarium and scheduled for delivery in June 2025. Accessible all year round and surrounded by large green areas, this new infrastructure will be a place of knowledge, meeting and sharing, where everyone will be able to deepen their knowledge about the territory, nature, sustainable development and many more.
- This 2nd stage will be accompanied by the construction of an underground public parking lot (3 levels) planned for the end of 2024, with a housing project on the first floor planned for June 2025.
- September 2021 : Launch of the 1st phase concerning the central square (snow front), with demolition and leveling of the ground.
- October 22, 2021 : Delivery of an electric shovel, without any exhaust gases and very quiet, guaranteeing a significant noise reduction.
October 25, 2021 : Start of the stones delivery which will be used for the paving of the central square.
The project includes the paving of Luzerne and porphyry stones from Europe, which remind of the grey limestone present in the area, as well as the pelite of the Cians. These durable materials are suited to our local climatic conditions (resistance to abrasion and frost...).
- December 2021 : Winter break, work resumes in Spring 2022.
March 07, 2022 : Launch of the second phase of the re-development of the Charles Ginésy central square & the construction of the underground public parking lot (3 levels), with shops and housing planned on the 1st floor.
Affected areas : Administrative Centre, Crédit Agricole bank, Place du Cluot de la Mule, central alley of the Mercantour parking lot, Mont Mounier street parking lot and School street.
All other parking lots remain accessible, as well as the stores, restaurants, pharmacy, multimedia library and the Maison du Parc.
Estimated duration of phase 2 of the Charles Ginésy central square : until July 08, 2022.
Re-development of the heart of the resort
Discover the three phases of the project to re-design the heart of the Valberg resort.
Follow live the progress of the construction sites
Central Square - Charles Ginésy
Mont Mounier Street Parking Lot
To follow the progress of the work sites, communication materials are available online and throughout the resort, including an exhibition at the Tourist Office. Information sessions can be held on Fridays at 10am, upon appointment.